My body is fatigued.
My final riding day (Monday) started out with me going to a Starbucks to blog/journal to kill time before going out the way I came the day before on Bush Hwy. It was actually a lovely morning and beautiful in the desert recreation area.
Lots of local cyclists out.
I met up with Ty, who had the day off and came out to ride with me over Usary Pass and then on to his house in Queen Creek, my final stop before flying out. (I fly out Tuesday evening).
It was actually quite windy so having Ty block some of the wind was good.
He got some great pictures of me riding, something I can't do myself, so I totally appreciate it!
Did some tallying up of data for interests sake.
On my Southwestern states trip I spent:
7 nights in New Mexico
11 nights in California
16 nights in Arizona
Stayed with:
19 different WarmShowers hosts
3 different Airbnbs
2 campsites (slept in tent 3x)
Used sleeping bag 8x
Went to 4 McDonald's
3 Starbucks
2 Doller General stores
Had 8 rest days
Rode 137.5 hours
Total distance 2788.5 km (1732.6 miles)
Total climbing/elevation gain 6072 m (19921 ft)
--
- Eritia

What an amazing trip!
ReplyDelete