Tuesday, February 7, 2017

A day off the bike, Monday

As much as I enjoy cycling there comes a time when I need to take a time off the bike.
Monday was such a day.
I needed time to figure out my route and future hosts (I like to have things arranged about a week in advance), and I was falling behind in that. Looks like my upcoming week will be a real mix of WS hosts, camping and an AirBnb thrown into the mix.
Ty, being an Ironman triathlete, was game to go for a swim. He took me to a sweet (heated) outdoor pool that had tons of lanes (so we each got our own). It felt good to be back in the water even though my arm muscles haven't had a workout like that in awhile!
Put in 2000 m. I have missed swimming. Pretty cool being able to swim outdoors in February! Just a pity the sun didn't make it's appearance.
Ty spontaneously took me downtown to the famous Pizza Bianco, one of the top ten rated pizza places in America. I can appreciate gourmet pizza, and that is what they served up!
The pizza I opted for had Rosemary, pistachios, red onion and mozzarella on it (no tomato sauce :) they bake them in a wood fire oven which is right there in the small restaurant. Soooo good.
I the afternoon I took a lovely long nap. Not everyday I can take one (since I'm usually on the road in the afternoons).
Ty and I did some bike maintenance, cleaning and lubing the chain, checking the gears and pumping up the tires (which I haven't done since I started). Good to make time to care for the bike :)
For supper we had shush kabobs. I feel so spoiled!
Tuesday I bike again, through the big city...
--
- Eritia

No comments:

Post a Comment