My last day in Arizona it rained on and off.
I had the whole day to get myself organized and ready to leave, which was good. Cleaned my bike bags, bike and water bottles. Did my laundry. Took a nap in anticipation of losing an entire night of sleep...
The hardest part was taking apart my bike because it signified an end to my trip in a very real way, and I didn't want it to end.
I got used to the simple lifestyle of living out of my bike bags, meeting new people, riding roads I hadn't ridden before, travelling.
And it's all changing again. Time to transition back to the "real" world.
Ty took me out for supper before dropping me off at the Phoenix airport. It's hard to say goodbye to people who have been so kind, people to whom I owe a debt of gratitude...
Then the waiting began.
My bike box weighed 56 Ibs (technically 6 Ibs overweight). Either way the check-in people were determined to charge me the $125 US to fly my bike home, which was annoying, but reality. Don't think I'll choose to fly United airlines again if I can help it.
More waiting. I watched downloaded shows on my iPad to help pass the time.
Flew out at 11:45 pm, stopped over in New Jersey, by which time it was 6:15 am local time, then to another short flight to Toronto.
Then I had to wait for the GO bus bound for Hamilton for 45 minutes.
It was wet but mild out.
My sister came to pick me and my bike up.
I think the adrenaline of being back kept me going for awhile... But the lack of sleep is bound to catch up sooner or later.
And with that its over, the 4 1/2 weeks of being on the road. Good but also hard trip.
I'm thankful for the prayers offered on my behalf, for the safety I was kept in on the road, the kindness offered by strangers.
I'm thankful God can teach me things in the everyday, along the journey of life and just hope I'm willing and able to listen, to be teachable.
--
- Eritia
I enjoyed reading your blog!
ReplyDelete