Monday, February 6, 2017

Sunny Sunday

To sum up my day,
Had the best nights sleep in a good while. 
Had breakfast with Bettykay before going for a walk out in the desert for an hour. I enjoyed slowing down, really seeing the beauty of the cacti, the landscape. I took photos and contemplated how amazing it all is.
I got my things packed before Carolyn came to drive me to the nearby Superstion Foothills Baptist Church. I was one of the youngest people in attendance.
I was glad I went. The pastor spoke about Joshua (1:1-9), and where we put get confidence, what defines success.
Even being in a car a short while made me eager to be back out on my bike.
The day was incredibly lovely, blue skies, sunshine and temperatures around 23 C.
Said goodbye to my hosts (who were gearing up to have a SuperBowl party) and got out in shorts and short sleeve to ride.
I had a short 40 km (flat) ride to my next host. My next host, Ty, was one I stayed with 2 years ago and have maintained some contact with, so in some ways it felt like coming back to the familiar.
The benefits of already feeling comfortable with a person is that I can ask to do things, like create homemade pizza. I miss creating food that's more involved than boiling water to make instant soup or mashed potatoes or oatmeal. 
It turned out super yum and the cowboy cookies Ty baked up fresh were a great desert.
We watched a cycling movie "The Inspired" about a bike race across America. (We deduced that the person who can still function and be the most sleep deprived is likely to do best in such a race, the winner did it in under 17 days- unsupported!) I'll stick to taking my time and being able to enjoy the journey!

"Pilgimaging is about the journey, the path, the way between here and there, between now and then. The idea isn't to get there. It's to go, and to be attentive to the process of transformation the way offers as we go. It's about what happens inside of us between the now and then, between the here and there." -"The Sacred Year"- Michael Yankoski 


--
- Eritia

No comments:

Post a Comment