Saturday, February 18, 2017

Friday, Chill Day

It was actually really nice having my own space, having a break from people interacting.
I had a leisurely morning but got ready to ride, to move further east to where my Warmshowers hosts were expecting me.
It wasn't raining as forecasted but it sure was windy. Crazy headwind, so I was glad I didn't have far to travel. (12 km)
Stopped at a "real" grocery store, locked up my bike and went in to pick up some food. I had a hankering to make bread so I bought a little bag of flour and some yeast packets, besides I thought it would be a nice way to contribute.
My hosts lived in a gated community, but being on a bike I could bypass the gate, how convenient.
I was invited to join my hosts (plus in-laws) to the county fair but declined as the thought tired me out. A quiet day appealed to me.
Made bread dough, went for a bit of a swim in their pool, took a nap, finished one of my new used books.
The pesto focaccia bread turned out great and we had it later with a supper of Venison burgers (host Jordan shot the deer himself back in Montana), salad and sweet potato fries.
And then the rain started. And all night long it rained.
I slept on the comfortable living room couch. In the morning it was still raining. So I'm psyching myself up to embrace the adventure of riding in the rain all day. Haven't done that in awhile. Maybe I'm more of a fair weather cyclist than I'd like to admit...
Just the thought of getting everything wet is kinda, yuck.
I've been invited to stay another night but I'm feeling antsy, like I want to get out, be on the road again.

--
- Eritia

No comments:

Post a Comment