Saturday, February 25, 2017

Chilling out in Cornville

Had a super chill day, perhaps in anticipation of the coming rides. It was not a warm day, but sunny, so I sat out on the sheltered back porch to soak up some sun, journal, read etc.
Peter celebrated his 71st birthday, which I thought was pretty special.
He's a really talented guy, making decorative gourds and being the household chef.
I love sitting at the island counter watching him create in the kitchen.
It was nice having the opportunity to just be, to have hosts who didn't feel they had to keep me busy or entertain me. Sometimes that's exactly what I need.
Saturday I climb the steady grade up to Payson. I've done it before and at least know now what to expect. Will probably camp out there. Not sure if I'll get wifi access till I'm back in the upper part of Phoenix on Sunday...

--
- Eritia

No comments:

Post a Comment