I slept really well, despite the tent. Probably because I was so tired.
My muscles are tired, ready for a good rest.
It was probably one of the nicest campgrounds I've stayed at during my trip, and It'll be the 7th one.
It had rained a bit during the night but was fresh and clear by the time I awoke.
I had myself some breakfast and finished reading my Louis L'amour (in preparation of going to a ranch :)
A couple deer were casually grazing near my site. I was inspired to paint a scene to capture the memory. I had time enough for my tent to dry completely before I packed it up. Noon I rolled out. The first stretch was all uphill, way to wake up the legs and get the heart pumping!
It was a beautiful ride along lovely terrain. There was all sorts of pretty wildflowers growing along the roadside.
I stopped to take photos.
Then a sweet downhill rip to Lake Reesor.
I lathered on the sunscreen and sat by the lake for an hour to journal and begin to process the end of the bike trip. What a diverse and interesting ride it's been.
I crested 2300 kms today.
The final stretch was rough gravel so I biked what I could but walked the looser sections.
Arrived at the ranch promptly at 4pm. Got showered and settled in. So glad to sleep in a real bed again. It's been a week...
6pm I had myself a large helping of chuck wagon chili, salad, garlic bread, potatoes and baked beans. Topped it off with cheesecake. Felt good and full after that.
Now to shift gears...don't think I'll ride my bike awhile. I'm sure my body will enjoybthe break! Thanks for your support and prayers, for joining me on the ride!
Enjoy your family time! Thanks for the updates and beautiful pictures... what a wonderful way to enjoy the trip with you.
ReplyDelete