I slept quite well last night, wore all my clothes and that with the down sleeping bag kept me warm all night.
Woke at 7 am and got up and packed within the hour. No reason to linger, not with a long ride ahead of me. (Yup 5°C!)
I was happy to see the two touring cyclists (James and John) who'd also camped there the night just ahead of me. I caught up to them and we rode together on and off for the next 48 km.
There was this amazing downhill that went on quite a ways. My max speed was 74.5km/hr. Love my downhills!
It was still quite cool but so quiet and beautiful.
It didn't take long to warm up with the sun, for which I was grateful (my fingers were so cold!)
At the "Crossroads" we stopped at the diner for a snack (breakfast for them). Then we parted. More climbing. But such stunning views!
I enjoyed it for the most part. And then those lakes...the ones whose glacier bluey green cold clearness was absolutely stunning!
Continued enjoying the absence of large trucks, though I'm sure every camper trailer/van/RV imaginable passed me!
I had sufficient food for the day as well as water, some of which I turned into electrolyte drink with my Nuun capsules.
It was very sunny. I probably should've been more diligent in applying sunscreen because I felt it bad later.
Got to Lake Loise just after 3:15 pm and went straight to the Hostel to check in.
I ended up bringing my bike into my room. None of my three roommates minded.
I took a much needed shower and went down to the cafe to treat myself to a real meal. Fettuccine alfredo with chicken, bacon and mushrooms was what I chose. Carbs, fat, protein! My body was happy to be fed.
Later walked to the grocery store. All the products were ridiculously overpriced so I didn't get much. Ah tourist towns...
No comments:
Post a Comment