Sunday, July 3, 2022

Day 6: Nanaimo to Victoria

Got up around 7:30 and had  breakfast with my host, Cheryl. She was such a kindred spirit and I enjoyed our conversations. She wanted to ride out with me, which was great because she knew the area and could lead me out of the confusing mess of city streets. We did check the local bakery for Nanaimo bars but, it being a holiday weekend, it was closed. So sad.
I used her helpful tips along with google maps to avoid the busy TransCanada Hwy as much as I could. Rode through some beautiful countryside. Stopped in Chermainus for a bathroom break and to check out the local bakery.
Then onward. It was sunny but not hot. Ideal cycling weather really.
I rode down to the Mill Bay and got a ferry ride to avoid more annoying Hwy riding. It only took like 25 minutes and on the other side I found some nice cycling routes to follow, like the "Galloping Goose".
I was staying with cycling friends who also have a place in Hamilton. 
After getting showered up they treated me to Thai food. So yummy!! I tried Thai Iced Tea, which was quite delicious! The noodles also hit the spot.
Victoria is quite a pretty place. It's so cool to see how it's built on the rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment