I can't say I ever really sleep all that well in a tent. The thermarest is too narrow and thin, the outside noises too close, my body too achy. But I made it through the night and got up just after 5:30am and started the packing up. Everything felt damp. The world outside was shrouded in a mist, so I had to pack things up even though they weren't dry. I ate my breakfast and was ready to roll out at 7am.
I was thankful for all the additional bits of clothing I'd aquired along the way that helped me stay warm (it was 10C in the morning). The day promised to get warm and the sun burned through the mist within a half hour of riding. I was almost sad to see the magical quality the mist lent the landscape dissapear.
But the snow capped mountains were spectacular to see as well!
My muscles were feeling kinda sore and tired in my legs and my right shoulder is hurting. But onward I go (I've got goals!)
I had a host in Valmont, which I was glad for since I needed a chance to dry out all my gear!
Because I left so early I also finished my ride before noon, which suited me just fine!
My host had built a great wooden cabin behind his house specifically for Warmshowers guests like myself. It was nice having my own private space. I even got a bit of a nap.
I checked out the town (grocery store closed Mondays), and the town museum, which was pretty much next door to my hosts.
I was glad supper was provided because I didn't have much on hand and hadn't yet replenished supplies.
No comments:
Post a Comment