Thursday, July 21, 2022

Day 24: Lethbridge to Bow Island

Perhaps I am growing  road weary. 
I slept well in the futon, enjoyed breakfast in the sun, got my things together and said goodbye to my last Warmshowers host of the trip. 
It was a beautiful morning. Had a bit of a steep climb up to the other end of Lethbridge, but the rest of my ride was fairly flat. And best of all, tailwinds all day!!
That and momentum are pretty awesome things!
I rode by Coaldale, where my family lived when I was very young.
Then to Taber, which smelled of creosote and railway. (I stopped to eat there even though it was early for lunch).
Passed "Grassy Lake"...(no lake in sight...) where I'd originally thought to stay.
I made really good time so I rode 116 km to Bow Island. (No island around as far as I could tell...)
It was a very very warm day.
I got to the town campground. The tent sites were all in the baking sun, so I didn't bother setting up my tent till later in the day.
After showering I found a park bench in the shade and relaxed. I longed to escape the heat.
It was a relief when the sun sank lower in the sky.
Hopefully by tomorrow I will make it to the Cedar Hills.


No comments:

Post a Comment