I was in no rush, as I had a shorter ride ahead of me. So I slept in a bit.
My hosts being retired, I was fine to linger. I got my things organized and then walked to the nearby thrift store to check out what they had. It was really nice, but I'm trying to travel light here, so I only looked at the clothing. Found a vest that would help me stay warm should it get cold or wet.
My host gave some excellent route suggestions which helped me avoid busy Hwy.
The day had grown warm, which felt pleasant after the last few days, so short sleeves and shorts were perfect.
I went along "Zero" Avenue for a good chunk of time. It was right along the Canada USA border, which was kinda novel.
I saw a couple border patrol cars as I rode. At times there'd be one road next to the another, one in the States the other in Canada, with only a ditch between them.
It was fairly quiet and flat.
My left leg is still causing me grief, making my cycling challenging. It's as if there's a nerve or tendon that starts by my sit bone that runs down my leg to my knee and is being aggravated every time I sit on my bike seat.
I don't know how to fix this problem and I'm beginning to wonder if I can continue up into the mountains.
As I rode I saw the mountains get closer and the realization that that's where I'm bound felt daunting.
"I lift my eyes up to the mountains, where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth."
I'm gonna need God's grace, his help to continue on tomorrow...
I followed quiet country roads in the fertile valley surrounded by mountains into the Chilliwack area. I hadn't found anywhere to stop so my body was feeling it. I turned in towards the river where there was a lovely riverside park complete with porta pots. It felt amazing to sit next to the river and eat, drink and journal awhile.
Feeling revived I continued a short ways to my parents friends place. They knew me when I was a little girl.
I was welcomed there and even had opportunity to get my laundry washed and dried (and not having many clothes along to begin with it's rather a big deal).
Sounds like your sciatic nerve is irritated. Could be from a butt muscle (piriformis?) Or at your low back at the nerve root. Naturally, I'd recommend osteopathic treatment but that may not be possible where your are. Some people find relief from specific stretches. Crystle
ReplyDeleteThanks Crystle! Yes, my dad mentioned the same thing, says my grandparents both dealt with Sciatic issues as well. Trying to keep up with the stretching.
ReplyDelete