My hosts left early to go on their long weekend trip but were fine with me lingering and locking up.
I got my things together not wanting to forget anything. At this point, if I forget something it'll be hard getting it back.
I was fortunate I was going back through Naniamo again so I could pick up the bike shorts I'd washed and had hanging to dry at my previous hosts! Last thing I need to loose!
I had a different host, one 10 kms further.
I headed out at 8 am, stopping at a book box to exchange books, since I'd already finished the one I'd brought along.
It was a beautiful morning. Around 17 C, a high of 24 C.
Roads were quiet, at least early on.
It felt a bit strange going back the way I'd come but there really were no other route options.
I feel like I enjoyed it more this time, but I also felt way less tired. I made sure to stop, or at least eat something, ever hour so I could get through the 117+kms.
I wore my newly aquired (50 cent at Comox thrift store) Canada Day socks to celebrate the day.
Had to smile at the bring-your-own-chair bus stops along the way.
Got my shorts back (which felt like a but if an accomplishment in and of itself since the house was a top a steep hill, and being already 107 kms in my legs were feeling it.
I got a smoothie at the roadside from a bunch of enterprising little girls.
Found my host, Cheryl's house without much difficulty and was immediately drawn in by the beautiful gardens.
Was lovely to have someone to chat with after a day alone, and she was also great at giving me space to do my own thing as well.
After a delicious supper we had a soak in the hot tub, which felt great for the muscles!
No comments:
Post a Comment