Had a good sleep in the cool basement. It was raining out when I went up. It didn't look like it would last long fortunately. So after breakfast and getting my things together I bid farewell to Mary-Ann and her husband.
Roads were wet but the sun was shining!
I took it easy. Went via Hwy 7 since it was either that or the Trans-Canada.
I crossed the Fraser River twice. The first time there was no shoulder on the bridge. The river is huge and fast flowing. Reminded me of when I was down south going over the Mississippi.
Saw lots of ripe raspberries growing along the roadside, but to stop meant being swarmed by mosquitos hungry for blood.
It was beautiful being surrounded by the mountains. Tried to take it all in but it's kinda surreal still. "As the mountains surround...so the Lord surrounds his people bith now and forevermore." (Ps125:2)
It wasn't a long ride to Hope. 64 kms. Probably good that I'm more rested before I start ascending those mountain passes!
I sat by the river, then went to a quieter park to eat the lunch Mary-Ann had sent along.
I had a room booked at an Inn in town since there were no Warmshower hosts available and I wasn't too keen on sleeping in my tent if I didn't have to.
Walked up the street to buy a few groceries so I had good food for supper and breakfast!
Looks like rain in the forecast. And I'm kicking myself for not bringing my rain coat along.
No comments:
Post a Comment