Sure was nice sleeping in a cushy queen sized bed. Sleep is a wonderful thing when the body is working. So rejuvenating.
My host, Rob, made a big pot of oatmeal with raisins and apple for breakfast. Topped with milk and brown sugar it was a great start to the day.
Watched wold championship tennis as I stretched and got ready to go.
8:30 am both James and I were set to ride. James headed east to Calgary and me, north...to Calgary...the extended route!
Rob took our photos and we said our goodbyes.
My route was really straight forward, just follow yellow head Hwy (5) all the way up to Clear Water. I got my music going fairly early on. It wasn't a very eventful ride.
I noticed how hayfields and pastureland is all irrigated to keep it green and growing. The river alongside the hwy in the valley I was travelling seemed to be overflowing it's banks!
It was sunny at first, then overcast, which was fine, kept the temperature comfortable.
I picked a few wild blueberries I found at a rest stop, tasty treats. But them mosquitos...they're bad.
At about 90km my body was demanding I stop, if only to get off the bike and eat something more than quick and easy snacks. My body was feeling it, cumulative efforts.
It was tough putting in a 125 km day but I pushed through. I had a host expecting me.
Jean had left the side door open and given instructions telling me to let myself in and make myself at home.
I was so ready for a shower (one of the best parts of my day :)
Jean was home by the time I was finished getting cleaned up. She's a lovely 88 year old woman who is still keeping active and able to live on her own (she gardens, keeps chickens and a cat, bakes delicious cookies...)
I was so tired I plopped on a couch and journaled awhile.
I hadn't realized I was on my own for supper, not that it was a big deal.
When I felt up to moving my tired legs I walked on over to the grocery store a couple blocks away to get a few things for tomorrow since I plan on going to a hole-in-the-wall sort of place and camping. There was a Subway so I treated myself to a footlong Sub for supper. It's only been like, 4 years since I've been to a Subway! Lol!
No comments:
Post a Comment