Thursday, July 21, 2022

Day 24; Claresholm to Lethbridge

Some days I wake up feeling tired and sore just from sleeping in a tent (getting too old for that?) That was this morning. 
I was able to get myself packed and ready to ride by 9 am. Mornings always start so fresh.
I rode out. Not too much to look at. Fields that go on forever. A few dilapidated old buildings in varying states of disrepair. 
At least all the roads I cycled on were paved today! 
But I did have a headwind. At least it wasn't super strong. 
When I made it to Lethbridge I went to McDonald's craving a burger. I had time to kill before going to my last Warmshowers host of the trip. I went down to the park in the coulis and found some shade and finished reading my book there.
The massive train tressel is so impressive! Longest and tallest around! I even got to see a train chug over it!
5pm and I was at my host, Richard's, house.
Had a lovely shower, my pile of laundry washed, and a chance to get out from the heat.
Richard surprised me by making cauliflower risotto and salad for supper to share. (His profile hadn't said supper was provided).
Cycling East from here tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment