Hard to believe I've already been in BC for a week! But it was a good week. It was good to ease into the cycling.
I woke to rain, which made me want to curl up in bed and sleep more, but I got up anyways. The plan was to head out at 10 am.
I prayed the rain would stop by then ("In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly. "Ps 5:3)
Had a great breakfast (my ideal breakfast) of yogurt, granola and fruit before I got my things together.
Amazingly the rain did stop by 10! So Greg and I got ready to ride. (Greg had offered to ride me out to the Swartz Bay ferry:)
Greg picked a route that avoided the busy main streets and instead went along the foggy coast and then connected with the Lockside Trail.
Was a nice ride and we had a bit of extra time to stop for a hot drink at a cafe in Sidney. (It was around 15 C out, so a hot drink was great!)
I got the 1pm ferry (they leave every hour).
It was a bit delayed but I wasn't in a rush.
They really put a lot onto them. I loaded my bike on at the front just before the bug transport trucks went on. At least this ferry had bike racks to park the bike at!
Then I had just over 1.5 hrs to relax.
It was a beautiful ride as the boat went through the Gulf islands on route to Vancouver.
Lots of families on board...maybe wrapping up their long weekend vacations...
Cyclists unload first. It felt a lot warmer on the Vancouver side so I had to strip down some of my layers before cycling to Surrey.
Most of the ride was along the bay where the tide was out. It was a gravel trail, not the best but doable.
A bit of busy roads, most of which had cycling lanes and I found my way to my Warmshowers hosts house. (It was already past 5pm by then!)
I was having some nerve issues in my left leg which were causing pain. I hoped stretching, hot tubbing (on the rooftop deck of my hosts Condo) and stretching would help.
No comments:
Post a Comment