Still chilling in Regina where the weather is pleasant and I have time to enjoy life in vacation mode.
Haven't felt the need to blog as I haven't started the cycling portion of my vacation, but that doesn't mean I haven't been experiencing life here in the prairie province of Saskatchewan!
I have my bike back together and have been exploring the local bike trails, which has been fun, for the most part. (Minus the part where I aquired a road burn on my left hip... That's life sometimes. At least it has some time to heal before my long days in the saddle!)
I've enjoyed spending time with my brother and his wife, getting to know the area (rodeo, walking trails and city streets) and sharing great meals.
It was really cool being able to watch the fireworks display in the nearby park comfortably from the 12th floor apartment on Canada Day.
I'm trying to make time to plan ahead for the cycling trip, contacting hosts I hope to stay with, scouting the area for plan b (camping) options where necessary, planning distances etc. It feels a bit like work, but I know it's necessarily and I won't regret having done it once I'm on the road!
It's been interesting living life with less. Less options of what to wear (and the need to do laundry more often). I packed for my cycling trip, not so much everyday life, but I think, as with anything one learns to adapt.
Friday is Road trip day. Saturday, Lord willing, I start cycling homeward!
- Eritia


No comments:
Post a Comment