Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Day 17; Easy Day Tobermory

So lovely sleep in a real bed again. It was nice sleeping in. I think I needed that.
Mary was so gracious in providing a lovely breakfast, with fresh fruit.
I enjoyed conversing with her. 
I packed up and headed out at 10:30 am. It was overcast but not much chance of rain.
I rode rural roads that were beautiful in a rugged way, even saw a fox!
Made it to South Baymouth with plenty of time before the ferry was due. Pretty area, I enjoyed the natural beauty of the area.
Bought a ticket for me and my bicycle, and went to the front of the line. No waiting for cars!
The Chi-Cheemuan ferry took 1 3/4 hrs to get to Tobermory.
Seemed everyone knew I was "the" cyclist... A little awkward.
I journaled and enjoyed being able to relax, be off the bike.
In Tobermory I explored the area a bit, not realizing that the lighthouse was literally just a short walk from my host, Carolyn's family cottage. I passed a couple cycle tourists, and turns out they had been invited to stay at the cottage as well. Ruby and Ananda from London, England.
I ended up spending my evening with them as Carolyn was otherwise occupied (not that I blame her, she has SO many cyclists staying with her because she's the only host in a popular spot).
I enjoyed sitting out on her back deck and listening to the waves of Lake Huron against the shore. I took time to draw the Tobermory lighthouse.
I was on my own for supper so ate tuna and crackers. Meanwhile the other guests had gone shopping and made an all out vegetarian meal which they offered to share over and over. I did join them to watch the sun go down over the lake. What an incredible show of God's creativity!
I enjoy the opportunity to be outdoors so much during this time of year!
There's a five bed bunk house for guests, it's cosy. Newer than the cottage. I'm grateful I can stay. I'm starting to realize the end of my trip is in sight.
--
- Eritia

No comments:

Post a Comment