I lingered and enjoyed just sitting out on the front porch watching the traffic (which included a riding mower, horse and buggy, tractor with a load of straw bales).
I finally got out on the road at 10:45 am and began the ride to Stratford.
The day was already humid, though overcast for the most part. The wind was strong and from the south west, and I was going south east so I'd had a real mix of head, tail and cross winds throughout the ride.
Dark thunderclouds formed in the distance as I got nearer to Stratford, but by the grace of God it seemed to just miss my route, so I never did get wet, for which I'm thankful!
I was really worn out by the time I'd put in the 105 Km's.
Glad to reach Dorothy's house. She showed me around and gave me water, which I spiked with an electrolyte tab to help me recover from the effort.
Last night before I get home, if all goes well.
Dorothy made a delicious Zucchini spaghetti with a nice tomato meat sauce, and we had an early supper, which was great!
I enjoyed seeing her vast backyard garden and the just having some quiet time to draw, journal and stretch.
- Eritia




No comments:
Post a Comment