Sleeping in a tent is not the most comfortable, especially when joints and muscles are aching, but I made it through the night and was up by 6 am.
I was glad I saved an apple for breakfast. Was ready to get going by 7 am. It was such a gorgeous morning and I was glad to have an early start ( and get away from pesky mosquitos!)
The absence of trees is still something I'm getting used to. I like seeing so much sky but I miss the way trees add character and shadows to the landscape.
Rode east for an hour before heading south. The wind was around, but I think it mostly helped push me along, for which I'm thankful! Sitting on my bike seat for hours on end is getting harder to do.
When I reached the large town of Thief River Falls I promised myself a stop at McDonald's (since they actually had one, and because they were pretty much guaranteed to have wifi).
A delicious mango pineapple smoothie and pancakes slathered in butter and syrup hit the spot as I reconnected with the internet world and uploaded. I was probably there for almost an hour, but I had the time and I enjoyed it.
Touched base with the Warmshower hosts I was hoping to stay with to get directions to where they live and was on the road again!
It was growing to be another hot day, at least, when there is no shade along the road I feel like I am baking all day!
There really wasn't too much to look at besides fields, so music helped pass the time and "vitamin I" (ibuprofen) helped alleviate some of the aches I've developed from riding so much.
I made it to the town of McIntosh earlier than I had anticipated and hoped it would be alright with my hosts. Last little stretch was gravel road, which is definitely a bit slower and where I'm thankful for every bit of width my tire has to offer!
I was warmly welcomed by Dan and Darlene. Felt so good having such a beautiful log cabin to stay in and such kind hosts. They are fairly new to WarmShowers and don't cycle themselves but their hospitality was genuine and they were comfortable to be around.
After a good shower, laundry in the machine ( had to wash nearly everything I had with me!), I was able to take a nap for 1/2 hr, which felt amazing.
The afternoon passed by with me having quiet time to relax, read, write, sketch in the shade of the log cabin porch. Hummingbirds flitted to the feeder as I watched.
Just having time like that feels like a gift, and something I don't want to take for granted.
Shared a delicious supper of baked potato and shush kabobs before joining Darlene on an ATV ride around the old farmstead property then up the road. It was such a gorgeous evening to be out. Saw numerous deer, even a fawn!
- Eritia



Looks like a beautiful but quiet spot. No wonder they like to have company!? Blessings for the next days, Eritia!
ReplyDelete