Already 19 days on the road! It's hard to believe, time is just so full.
I was provided a wonderful breakfast of oatmeal, yogurt, banana, toast and hard boiled egg before heading out.
It looked like it was going to be a beautiful day so I was fine with an earlier start (my hosts had places to go and things to do :)
What was left of the fog soon lifted and the sun shone.
The countryside smelled of corn, dry grass, and sweet hay.
I didn't have to ride on any crazy busy roads so I never did get my music going, preferring to listen to the birds twittering and grasshoppers along the road.
The ride to Lucknow wasn't as long as I initially thought it would be, but I was fine with that. So 83 Km's was fine. As much as I enjoy the cycling I also enjoy a chance to rest.
I went to my sister's in-laws place. They were familiar folk as I've been invited to join family dinners and events with them, so it was nice to stay with them.
They have a lovely place in a small town.
There are a lot of Amish and Mennonite in the area as well. Good farming country.
The nice thing about being family is that there is less pressure on the host to host or "entertain". I could just enjoy being there.
-- - Eritia





No comments:
Post a Comment