Must've been tired because it was almost 7 when I awoke. The rain had let up, which was nice.
My food was safely stowed in the women's bathroom (at the request of the campground). I didn't mind. One less thing for me to worry about- attracting bears.
It was overcast, but not unpleasant out as I patched away the wet tent as best I could.
Made sure to eat and post my blog before heading out on the road again.
Passed an Amish buggy impressed at how trained the horses are to have to deal with traffic going by!
Strange thinking it's Saturday again. The days of the week blur a bit when on the road.
After Iron Bridge there was roadwork in progress, so perhaps it was fortunate it was a weekend and not much being done about it. Just meant I had lots of grooved pavement to ride on. And another headwind. Sigh.
In Blind a River I stopped at the Tim Hortons, which was ridiculously busy. I must've stood in line a full 10 minutes! But the cream cheese bagel hit the spot.
Once out again I was relieved to be out of the too-cold air conditioning. The air was thick and a light misting rain was falling. The air smelled of smoke, but not pleasantly. Which was actually odd since there was a fire ban in effect as it was quite dry.
I switched to audiobook mode. And my Garmin decided to quit working on me.
Very strange not being able to keep track of the time or distance covered. I don't know if it made the day seem longer, but I did my best to plug along and keep on top of eating and drinking at regular intervals.
Passed the road leading up to Elliot Lake. It's probably been 9 years since I was there to compete in the Provincial Road Race Championships. Hard to believe my cycling team went all the way up North like that, but we did a lot of crazy trips like that.
I was glad to engage in the story to help pass the time. But it ended before my ride did.
The sun came out at around 2 pm and it began feeling humid and gross.
I stopped at an Amish roadside stand to buy a loaf of zucchini bread for later from an old farmer with a missing tooth smile.
My bike has developed a creaking in the crank, which I really noticed getting worse. Maybe it was because I left my bike out in the rain too much, or just general wear and tear. Not much I can do about it and not many bike shops around!
I called it a day in Massey and pulled in at the Chutes Provincial Park. It's been awhile since I camped at a Provincial Park.
It felt very well organized and clean. But for the price one pays it had better be! I got a radio-free site near to where the Chutes waterfall was. I could hear it from my site, which I rather liked.
After setting up my nasty wet tent to dry in the sun I went, by bike, to the showers to get cleaned up. The zucchini bread was pretty tasty to dig into.
If I hadn't been so tired it would've been lovely to hike, but all I could manage was a visit to the waterfalls where I sat in the sound of the deafening rush of water and attempted to sketch a bit of the falls. That was challenging.
Then I pulled out my book for some relaxing reading.
Supper was the complimentary can of Maple baked beans with the easy open top and the last of my WW bread.
Did some stretching and journaling on top of the picnic table just enjoying being in the natural beauty of the place. Might be my last night camping for my trip, not that I mind...
- Eritia



No comments:
Post a Comment