I thought I'd put in one more blog post, wrap up this trip with a few stats and reflections.
Now that it's done I find I have time to process a bit more, because I'm not being continually filled with new observations and thoughts the same way as when I was on the road.
In some ways it becomes easy to remember the good parts and forget the difficulties when I'm not in it.
Average Km's a day: 110
Trip total: 2328 Km's
WarmShower hosts: 13
Nights camped: 5
Friend hosts: 2
McDonald's visited: 3
Tim Hortons visited: 3
It's been good to be on the road, because it's a time of pilgrimage in that I realize my need for God and dependence on Him in ways I often struggle to in the everyday, routine life.
So in a way it invites me to pray more authentically and to learn to trust more deeply.
And it calls me to recognize all that I have to be thankful for, all that I am blessed by, all the ways grace reaches into life.
And that is probably the biggest reason I will continue touring by bicycle.
It's not comfortable or easy, but it is filled with depth and richness. It's adventure, a chance to discover more about the world, people and myself. And to see God's faithfulness in the everyday.
The people I met along the way have helped shape my trip and created the memories I now carry with me, and I am grateful to each one!
-- - Eritia

No comments:
Post a Comment