So nice riding Mr.Fuji again. There is some use comfortable about that bike. I've had him for 8+ years now, and we've done a lot together!
Was able to get my things in order before having supper with Robins wife Sheila and his Mom, Bobby (Barbara). Robin himself was away working.
What made these hosts extra special was that they were family, part of the greater family of Christians around the world. So there was a shared faith and it was rich, just to pray together before the meal.
I was so grateful for the good, homemade, nutritious food after living off of snack foods since 6 am. You have no idea how amazing that Chichen, pasta and salads tasted!
It was lovely. And afterwards I joined the ladies in a game of Scrabble, in which they are very skilled, and I, not so much.My hosts kept a memory book of all the guests they hosted. I thought that was a pretty cool idea!
As for today... The host I had been planning, hoping to stay with emailed to say they were down with Bronchitis, and it seemed best not to expose myself to that.
And so the challenge to be open to the adventures of the unknowns begins.
I took a tip from my hosts son's trip (trackmytour site), he stayed at a campground, Shepherd Sanctuary Campground. It's on my route, so it seems logical to do that, at $10 a night for the "bare bones" camping. So looks like I have maybe 4 hours or riding ahead of me.
So all of a sudden I had to think about what was for supper! A brief run to nearby Walgreens resulted in cup-a-soup and, get this!, tuna in a packet!



No comments:
Post a Comment