Saturday, February 27, 2016

Riverview to Kissimmee, last ride...

I had a really good sleep, must've been tired.
Had a leisurely morning. Mary made a really good cooked oatmeal for breakfast after which I packed up my two panniers (seems like pretty much everything comes out every time I spend the night somewhere, but still, life is simple.)
The last few days I have really been blessed on my way by my friends and hosts with food for on the road. Today Mary sent along fresh strawberries, a banana and a slice of leftover pizza.
It was a cool morning, but not too bad, especially since I didn't get out till 10 am.
The route was not particularly interesting.
I put in my music as a bit of a buffer against the constant traffic noises. Some stretches I really didn't have much of a shoulder to ride on. Fortunately for the most part the cars gave me room.
I stopped for a bit at about 1 pm in a small park I was going by just to get off my bike and journal and have a bite to eat.

Then onward.
Passed by a huge phosphate plant/mine. It kinda smelled funny, unpleasant even, so I was glad to be past it.
Passed a number of orange groves.
My goal of the day was to stop at a Dollar General store (one last time) to pick up a roll of packing tape for my bike box (that my host for the weekend had been kind enough to pick up for me!) It wasn't hard to find a Dollar General as they are pretty much in every town.
Then, because I wanted to have one last McDonalds stop on my trip I stopped in and treated myself to a McFlurry (although it was rather disappointing that they had no Reese's).
From there it was another 30+ km to my hosts place in Kissimmee.
The temperature was going down as was the sun but I made it there at 5 pm.
My first priority is always to get showered up, after that I felt more human again.
I had been given the girls room for the night, complete with Disney princess mural :)
Apparently my hosts do a lot of hosting and had a full house. I started feeling like it was a big community house, but I kinda liked the feeling, it was pretty cool.
I got a plate full of real food which hit the spot wonderfully.
Got to play scrabble again, and this time I did better than I had in Texas :)
This is the final stop before I fly home. I have all day Sunday yet, but hopefully can get out for a bit and explore the area. Apparently it's close to Disney Land but I don't think I really feel compelled to go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment