Sunday, February 22, 2015

Thoughts

Now I'm definitely dealing with withdrawal.
1652.2 km in 24 days, and now I'm back in a place where snow and cold keep me stuck inside more or less. Haven't returned to riding my bike trainer but I think I will soon.
But I believe that I can find things to appreciate during the difference of winter here.
I can be thankful for the time I had away that helped break up the long winter months. Thankful that my skin is sun kissed when so many are not able to get away and get vitamin D.
So maybe I can't ride as much, but I can still get out to walk and run. And indoor time means I can swim more, paint and create again.
The season of Lent calls us to give up something... It's like we fast from one thing in order to be able to feast on another. Most people probably think of fasting foods, which is certainly one way of being sharply reminded of Christ who gave up his rights, his life so that we could have life in its full. To fast food is a way in which we then feast on more time in deepening our relationship with Christ through prayer and reading the Word, or just more awareness of what Christ did for us.
So if I fast from discontent I can take on gratitude.
If I fast from complaining I can feast on acceptance.
And the list goes on...


No comments:

Post a Comment