It made me sad to leave Arizona.
And it was hard coming back from the warm desert days to the bitter cold winds and snow piles.
And yet, it was good to come home.
Enough time had passed, even though I would've liked a few more sunny weeks to avoid winter.
It was so nice seeing family and friends even though I have been blessed by all the wonderful hosts that I have come to love.
Lovely sleeping in my cozy room again.
It was incredible to have over a dozen t-shirts to choose from again after over 3 weeks of alternating with two.
It was nice to wear jeans again (an impractical luxury to my travelling style).
Oh, and to be able to run a brush through my hair again! (You'd think I would've taken one along... but no. Did buy a comb my last week, but it's just not the same.)
And the sun shines here too, even though one must bundle up against the bracing cold.
The white of the snow makes the world so clean and bright.
I, once again, enjoyed a glass of my sister's home brewed Kombucha tea.
In some ways it is the simple things one misses most while travelling, although I have to say many of my hosts outdid themselves in making sure I had what I needed, and even, wanted.
I feel refreshed and ready to take on work and life again, which is the true purpose of holiday/vacation.
What a gift the everyday can be when one has sufficient rest and time to reflect on life.
And so life continues and I have seeds of thought, of dreams that have yet to come to pass. And it is good because God is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment