Sunday, February 8, 2015

Weekend!


Had a taste of bison burgers on Friday for supper, but that was nothing compared to what I got to try Saturday... 
The story goes something like this, my hosts good friend was celebrating his birthday and had been invited over for dinner and was asked what he'd like... And he made a joke of saying something he later regretted... Frogs legs. He was totally not being serious... But his wish was granted (so be careful what you wish for!) So our appetizer was sautéed frogs legs that had been breaded, seasoned and cooked in butter.
Frogs legs anyone?


I felt it was more of a mental thing and was game to give them a try as crazy as it sounds.
 Earlier in the day I went for my first run in about 10 days with my host Barb. It was nice using different muscles again, and have a day off the bike.
Visited the local farmers market (wish there were more of those on my cycling routes!)
My bike needed some loving on, so I got it all clean and shiny and removing the accumulated grime.
There is a really big church just a short walk from my hosts place so I found out the service times and planned to visit there Sunday morning (they had not one but three service times to choose from!) I opted to go to the 7:50 am service so I could also get a chance to ride while it was still cool.
I'm glad I had the opportunity to attend church, not because church attendance saves me, but rather, because it's good to worship God together in community, to be reminded I'm not alone in this faith journey. Gives me a chance to reflect and re-centre my life, to remember the God who gives me life and breath and grace upon grace.
Doug had offered to ride with me, show me some of the local bike loops in Oro Valley (which is just outside of Tucson).
Lovely, to have a chance to ride without the panniers again.

It still feels like I'm in a dream or something, because it's so unreal being able to be out in the sun, where it feels like May or June when it's February! But it is a lovely dream. Over half my time in Arizona is past now, but I will make the most of the next 10 days!
Tomorrow I bike to my next hosts place down in Tuscon, closer to the challenge of the mount Lemmon climb that I hope to take on.

No comments:

Post a Comment