I don't think I realized how much Mount Lemmon took out of me until I started riding today. My plan for the day was to ride around in Saguaro National Park. National Parks cost money to get into so I wanted to make the most of my time there.
I had a picnic lunch along and extra water. The park consistented of an 8 mile loop, two picnic areas and numerous hiking trails.
It was a very pretty park, and I found it a pleasant place to be.
Lots of beautiful cactus and prickly pear. Saguaro is the name of the big, tall cacti with the arms.
The day was a bit cooler with the North wind blowing, but that was fine by me!
There were many tourists driving around the one way loop. Although I felt tired I cycled around the loop three times, and each time things looked a little different with the changing light/cloud.
Tomorrow promises to be more windy, so not sure how much cycling I'm going to do, besides, I think my body needs a break. ( I also got to go swimming with my host at the local YMCA this morning, in an outdoor pool-in February!!) Going to move on to another host tomorrow night again.





No comments:
Post a Comment