Sunday, August 20, 2017

Nearing the end...

Day 15,

Hard to believe I've been on the road for over two weeks now.

After Friday's hard ride I feel tired, starting to feel ready for my trip to be over...

It turned out to be a beautiful sunny day. I enjoyed the relaxing ferry ride to Canadian mainland. This time of year the ferry goes to Kingsville instead of Leamington, which unfortunately added an extra 12 kms of riding to my day. I still wore my running shoes and casual clothes till I got to the Tim Hortons in Leamington for lunch and wifi, I got changed there and popped into the grocery store for bananas and granola bars for on the road, as I've depleted my stash of food.

Then on the road again! It was already 3 pm by then.

The road was all flat, quite busy, and rural for the most part.

It wasn't a long ride, but it felt like it was because my body was tired.

I stopped by a fruit market for delicious fresh nectarines to give my hosts, who were my sister's friends parents.

 They lived in Erieau, near Blenheim.

They welcomed me warmly and I was able to shower before sharing my trip with them. We had a supper of bbq'd vegetables and Mennonite sausage. 

They took me out on a drive through the nearby Erieau beach area. Never knew it existed!

Technically I have two more days of riding but I'm trying to figure out how to make it just one more...

--
- Eritia

No comments:

Post a Comment