Thursday, August 11, 2016

Bike trip portion of Europe trip ends

700 km in 7 days. And in 4 different countries!
I'm glad I had a chance to do that trip while in Europe.
After the long ferry ride, where the ship rocked gently side to side and I was glad I had gravol to keep from becoming motion sick, I rode my bike along the coast to the city of Den Haag where it was still reasonably early and I could easily catch a direct train to Apeldoorn. My bike needed a separate (6 euro) ticket (unlike England where my bike was free to take with...)
My uncle met me at the train station and we biked outside the city to a quiet country home and I got to eat and come to rest. Had my best night of sleep and was glad to not have to go anywhere or do anything. I needed that!



--
- Eritia

No comments:

Post a Comment