Sunday, July 20, 2014

France

I'm in France now.
By the Alps. Beautiful.
The long days of hard riding are behind me. The sunny days may be as well, for a bit anyways.
I've come to the place of rest, but after all everything it took to get here, it feels hard to just stop and rest.
The rain that came brought a forced rest which was good though.
The mountains surround the campsite.
Life is chill. I hang out with all the Crux outdoor education staff. They're all cool and outdoorsy. I feel like, though I am fit, I have different sport interests. Speaking more Dutch again now that I'm with the Dutchies, despite being in France.
Not sure I'll get to Alp de Huez. But I had an opportunity to go with some of the Crux guys to Tour de France. Never thought I would have a chance to see them in real life, close up! But here I am.
And so the adventure continues.
Friday Heather and I already fly out via Italy back to Holland. Time flies.

Cycling log of previous day's:
Day 4: Geneva to Le Chatel via Albertville,  160.8 km,  ride time 7:23,  climbing 1493 m
Day 5: Le Chatel to Camping de Alloviers, 120.6 km,  ride time 7:10,  climbing 3114 m (ouch!)

No comments:

Post a Comment