What after all is creativity other than creating?Here's how I apply creating to cycling: when I go for a ride, I typically ride on roads, and roads lead somewhere and thus I typically form a route so I can go out and return to where I came from. I create a route, taking in consideration how I feel, and what I am up to... hills? Flatter terrein? Quieter roads or faster but busier?
Along with creating a route I also create power to propel myself forward (hopefully:). I create speed to carry me along my route.
Most bicycles are equipped with a range of gears which assist in creating a perfect balance for the rider in how much muscle and cardio is used. If the gear is too hard too much muscle fatigue happens and it hinders from doing longer distaces unless one is in very good shape, so finding a gear that doesn't overly fatigue muscles is good.Too easy a gear and the legs spin out uselessly. Optimal use of the muscle strength you have by adjusting the gears is a creative work specific to you.
As one cycles, one also has the opportunity to consider the greater creative work, the one in which we are passive observers rather than creators ourselves, although, now that I think of it we can partake in the creative work (eg. gardening).
God is creating an amazing canvas, creation. It is ever changing based on season, on temperature, on where the sun sits in the sky, or whether it's cloudy.
The world can look an entirely different way in the early morning , mid-day, late afternoon and evening. Exact same places can look very diffeent depending on lighting, on cloud cover etc etc!
Sometimes when I ride I take my camera and try to creatively capture the creation that surrounds me in this ever evolving creative artist canvas we live on.
And so as I cycle I create :) And I love it.



No comments:
Post a Comment