Saturday, July 18, 2015

things are shaping up...


It seems I take my time with committing. After two self supported cycling trips borrowing the Kloets backrack and panniers I figured I like it enough to invest in the equipment myself.
Bought an Axiom Slimline back rack, which they seem to only sell in black now, which suits Mr.Fuji just fine. For panniers I went with the system I knew and liked, Arkel, Canadian made. They're a bit more pricey but I know they're quality and will last.
Chose the Dolphin 48 waterproof touring panniers, since they seemed the most in line with what I was looking for in a pannier.
Things are coming together, which is good because I hope to do a 3-day bike trip up to Algonquin Park in a couple days. Them's going to be a few long days in the saddle!
Looking forward to making my home on the road again before spending some time camping with the family (11 of us!)
Really neat to have a chance to host 2 WarmShower guests this weekend as well, gets me even more excited to get on the road! Love having the chance to bless others as I myself have been blessed through reciprocal hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment