Life has been full and blogging isn't really priority in my life at the moment.
Today I raced again. Why I race is still one of those things that I'm hesitant to pinpoint.
I chose to race in Milton because it was a race I had never done before, a place I seldom frequent, and had an element of challenge to it.... namely the longer run after the bike.
My sister came along and volunteered at the race, which was really cool. I appreciated the familiar face to share the experience with.
A week ago I was so tired from weeks of excessive cycling that I couldn't imagine even wanting to get out and race or push myself physically, so it was good to actually feel excited about biking hard. (A week of withdrawal and forced rest was in order it seems).
So yeah, the race.
I loved having an additional hard gear (11 cog) to play with and mash.
It pelted rain on a short stretch, got to say that is a weird sound on an aero helmet. That 6th Line hill (which was fortunately dry) was a blast to cycle down, I reached 87.3 km! Awesome!
Homestretch made me realize how quick the bike had gone (30 km in 49 min).
Then it was time to settle in for another run (7.5 km this time).
That was when the rain came down in torrents. It was refreshing to say the least.
I liked the course, liked that we weren't stuck on pavement but got to run some trails in the conservation area.
The guys I had passed on the bike passed me on the run and complimented my biking ability (maybe they don't get passed by too many girls?)
I felt cramps threaten so I stuck to limiting my run to something reasonable (not fast like I wanted).
I liked the rhythm of just being outside with nature all around, with sun and blue sky (the weather was all over the place with scattered showers and then sun). I remembered that the fact that I was out there was grace itself, it was a gift of enabling from a God who is good. It was something he gave me, not something I was entitled to doing. It was all grace and for that I was incredibly thankful for.
All told I finished in just over 1hr 36 minutes.
Talk about being sore afterwards though! Wow!
So yeah, 1st overall woman. Second fastest bike, yeah! (10th overall with 71 ppl competing... which seems piddly compared to the 430 triathletes who raced). Good ending. But not something that defines me, only God has the ability to really do that... he's the one who gives true identity and meaning to life.
No comments:
Post a Comment