I don't know if you've ever marveled at the way each and every day God brings the sunrise and sunset in new and different ways. But I have.
It amazes me how he can take the same canvas of a sky and paint it in new and creative ways each day, how he'll use first one color and add clouds to add dimension and texture and a way for the colors to be all the more profound.
As a continuation of my assignment to create and reflect on God as creator, I was inspired to paint a sunset.
As I didn't have a photo to inspire me, I got one from my sister that she took while she was in Quebec this summer. (I tend to need to see what I put down on paper or canvas).
This painting was a joy to do. As I painted the base of the sky and saw how the colors blended it made me excited. The freeing bit about this painting was that I didn't feel I had to stick to the photo that I was drawing my inspiration from, because it wasn't about capturing one particular sunset, it was in a way, a creation of my own. 
I feel like God must glory in that liberating feeling of not having to do things the same way all the time, in being free to create within certain restraints. He probably doesn't worry about putting things in the wrong place, he must just know what works, what the effects are of cloud and brilliant sun.
Another thing strikes my mind as I consider God as creator of all the sunsets and sunrises in the world... they are 3 dimensional and ever changing as the sun rises higher and higher and the clouds are blown about by the wind. It makes me marvel. It's pretty awesome to see the artistry of God displayed in the sky day after day.
"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard.Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world. In the heavens he pitched a tent for the sun," Psalm 19:1-4
No comments:
Post a Comment