Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Trip Statistics :)

If I had a theme song for the trip, this is the one! 
I had it on my ipod and always appreciated when it played as I rode.
Walk in freezer at work before I left; stocked up and good to go!

The depleted freezer situation when I returned 4 weeks later (now!)
As for a few statistics:

I spent 3 nights in Texas,
6 nights in Louisiana
1 night in Missisipi
2 nights in Alabama
15 nights in Florida

I consumed 4250 g of assorted energy bars (which I brought from home)
4 bags (284 g) of Trail mix
4 boxes of crackers
Stopped at 10 McDonalds along the way
and 6 Dollar Generals

Hosted by 18 WarmShower hosts along the way
Spent two nights with friends from Ontario (who were down South)
Slept in my tent 3 times (2.2 kg of camping gear along)
Used my sleeping bag 11 nights

Rode a total of 2370 km in the span of 27 days
Took 3 days off from riding during the trip (the rain days :)

Met 3 other cycling tourists on route

Dragged my 1.4 kg bike lock along and used it a total of 6 times

Lost between 5-7 Ibs of body weight during the trip

All in all, it took a while to get into the rythme of cycling day after day and coorinating places to stay, and dragging my stuff with me. It was hard and it was humbling. Humbling to let go of control and pride, to accept help and generosity, to acknowledge I needed it, and then to be thankful in everything. But God is faithful, his grace sufficient.
Thanks for following along on my journey! I hope you enjoyed reading as I processed through my days:)









No comments:

Post a Comment